Sunday, December 31, 2006

Moqtada, Moqtada, Moqtada!

I love what this video symbolizes. It shows the problems of the old times and the new in Iraq all in one culmination of homicide recorded on a cell phone. The Iraqis got to kill Saddam and couldn't even do it with any sense of dignity. Man, this place is headed for more rough times. I am no fan of Saddam but he looks like the only guy in the place with any balls. I had to laugh a bit when I heard the translation of all the background talk. One of the officials actually says, "Hey! Hey! Be quiet! We're trying to do an execution here!" Too surreal.

3 Comments:

Blogger klasieprof said...

are you still around anywhere??

12:20 AM  
Blogger A Nail In My Head said...

Yes. Nothing much to add. Brings up too much. A dear friend has family there that is internally displaced. It's not a better place since I returned.

12:40 AM  
Blogger stacy said...

I found your blog from your videos on Google from Rustamiyah. Someone I care about very much has been there as a doc for about four months now. It's hard for us at home to imagine what's it's like over there. I so appreciate getting a chance to see where he is and a touch of what it's like. Thank you for making that possible.

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home